DIG Deep Trail Ultra 30
This race takes you on a beautiful and challenging tour of the Peak District, covering around 30 miles of trails and 1388m of ascent. If you are looking for your first venture into ultra territory this could be just the thing for you! Many newcomers to Ultra Running have tackled the Trail Ultra 30 and have continued to come back for more, some even stepping up to the Trail Ultra 60.
Part of the DIG Deep Running weekend which kicks off on Friday evening with guest speakers talking running and their adventures. Look out for updates.
The whole weekend will be supported by local running store Accelerate, Trail Lighting Brand Petzl and lead partner will be Scott Running.
The route will be marked in places although navigation/a good knowledge of the area will be necessary. Timing stations will be in place along the route, each of which must be visited, along with all aid stations. There are penalties in place for missing checkpoints – details of these will be emailed out ahead of the event.
We work closely with the Peak District National Park Authority and local land owners to ensure the event is sustainable and avoids sensitive areas. Please ensure you help us to do this by sticking to the event route and making sure you take all litter away with you.
Event Sponsors – where would we be without their continued support? Each will be contributing to the prize pool and also the spot prizes, plus Accelerate giving their time to help bring the event together. Tailwind will also be available to the racers of the Ultra Trail 30 and 60 and various food stations on the course. Thank you to each and every one of them.
|Distance/Ascent||30 miles/1388m approx|
|Start time||8.00am (race briefing 7:45am)|
|Venue||Whirlow Hall Farm, Whirlow Lane, Sheffield, S11 9QF|
|Prizes||1st-3rd Open M&F, 1st V40,V50 and V60 M&F|
The DIG Deep Trail Ultra 30 is part of the 2019 Run Further Ultra Race Series
The event starts and finishes at Whirlow Farm Hall in Sheffield, where there will be camping available Friday night (at a cost of £5 per tent, must be booked in advance). Toilets and changing facilities are available on site, and there will be food and drink available to purchase. There is plenty of parking available on site.
Race packs can be collected from Accelerate from Monday 16th September until Friday 20th at 12pm, or from Whirlow Hall Farm from 3-8pm on the 20th. If you need to collect your race pack on the morning of the event please contact us.
For 2019 the Trail Ultra 30 is part of the Runfurther series and counts as one of the short events.
- Participants must be a minimum of 18 years old on race day
- Participants must carry all mandatory kit at all times (see below)
- Each checkpoint must be visited. Each point carries a penalty for missing it (see below)
- Time penalties will only be overruled if there is evidence of tampering/removal of dibbers at unmanned checkpoints
- Pacers are not allowed
- There are no cut off times in place. If you believe you will take longer than 10 hours then we would ask that you start at 6am with the Ultra 60 runners.
- Should you need to withdraw prior to the event due to injury or illness you can defer your entry to next year or change the participant name up to seven days before the event.
- Live updated timing at key checkpoints (so your supporters can keep track of you)
- Food and drink at feed stations
- T-shirt and medal on finishing
- A voucher for food on finishing
- Email copy of route notes
Mandatory kit list:
Each runner must carry the following at all times. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
- Full waterproof body cover
- Compass and full route map
- Sufficient water and food to be self reliant
- Head torch – fully charged (spare batteries are advised)
- Mobile phone – fully charged
There are no cut off points for the Trail Ultra 30, however if you think you will take longer than 10 hours to complete it we would ask you to consider starting with the Trail Ultra 60 at 6am.
Prefer a paper form? Download one here