Dig Deep Trail Ultra 60
August 29th, 2020. 6am start.
If you are looking for the ultimate, classic journey through the Dark Peak then this should be on your bucket list. The challenging route will keep you inspired as you move towards the finish with some of the best trails and views in the whole of the Peak District.
This race takes you on a beautiful and challenging tour of the Peak District, covering around 60 miles of trails and 3222m of ascent. This is a tough event, and totally worth it for the sense of achievement you’ll take away, let alone the views!
Part of the DIG Deep Running Weekend which kicks off on Friday evening with guest speakers talking running and their adventures. Look out for updates.
The whole weekend will be supported by lead partner Scott Running.
We are very pleased to be able to announce that the Trail Ultra 60 is worth 4 UTMB points in 2020.
The route will be marked in places but navigation/a good knowledge of the area will be necessary. Timing stations will be in place along the route, each of which must be visited, along with all aid stations. There are penalties in place for missing checkpoints – details of these will be emailed out ahead of the event.
We work closely with the Peak District National Park Authority and local land owners to ensure the event is sustainable and avoids sensitive areas. Please ensure you help us to do this by sticking to the event route and making sure you take all litter away with you.
Event Sponsors – where would we be without their continued support? Each will be contributing to the prize pool and also the spot prizes.
|Distance/Ascent||60 miles/3222m approx|
|Start time||6.00am (race briefing at 5:45am)|
|Venue||Whirlow Hall Farm, Whirlow Lane, Sheffield, S11 9QF|
|Prizes||1st-3rd Open M&F, 1st V40,V50 and V60 M&F|
The event starts and finishes at Whirlow Farm Hall in Sheffield, where there will be camping available Friday night (at a cost of £5 per tent, must be booked in advance). Toilets and changing facilities are available on site, and there will be food and drink available to purchase. There is plenty of parking available on site.
Race packs can be collected from Whirlow Hall Farm from 3-8pm on the 28th. If you need to collect your race pack on the morning of the event please contact us.
- Participants must be a minimum of 18 years old on race day
- Participants must carry all mandatory kit at all times (see below)
- Each checkpoint must be visited. Each point carries a penalty for missing it (see below)
- Time penalties will only be overruled if there is evidence of tampering/removal of dibbers at unmanned checkpoints
- Pacers are not allowed
- Cut off times are in place at several checkpoints for the safety of all involved. If you fall behind these you will be asked to withdraw from the event. See below for cut off locations and times
- Should you need to withdraw prior to the event due to injury or illness you can defer your entry to next year or change the participant name up to seven days before the event.
- Live updated timing at key checkpoints (so your supporters can keep track of you)
- Food and drink at feed stations
- A voucher for food on finishing
- Email copy of route notes
- Medal on finishing
Mandatory kit list:
Each runner must carry the following at all times. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
- Full waterproof body cover
- Compass and full route map
- Sufficient water and food to be self reliant
- Head torch – fully charged (spare batteries are advised)
- Mobile phone – fully charged
Race cut off locations and times:
|Cut off 1: Moscar||4 hours 30 min (10:30am)|
|Cut off 2: Edale||9 hours 20 min (3:20pm)|
|Cut off 3: Bradwell||14 hours 30 min (8:30pm)|
Click here for a copy of our rules and ethos, which applies to all events unless specifically stated otherwise.